Thursday, October 31, 2013

Music on a Fishing Trip

The last trip that I took was primarily a fishing trip, but I still got in some really good jamming with some awesome music friends along the way.

 


On the way from Kentucky Lake to Lake Charles, Louisiana, Dad and I stopped by Madison, Mississippi to visit with Jeff Hames. I had an awesome time visiting and jamming with Jeff. And Jess Dickinson stopped by to jam with us on the hammered dulcimer, which was awesome too! Thanks to Jeff for letting us drop by.


 The main function of the trip was to attend the Southeastern Press Association's annual conference. On the last night of the conference, they always have a Pickin' and Grinnin' session, where some of the musicians in the organization get together and play tunes together. They are always one of my favorite groups to jam with!



No comments:

Post a Comment