Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nathaniel Samsel Pickin' Porch this Weekend

Here are the workshops that I am going to be teaching at the Pickin' Porch at Wood N' Strings dulcimer shop in Townsend Tennessee this weekend. The workshops are 10 dollars each. You can call Wood N' Strings at 865-448-6647 to sign up for my workshops. I would love to see you there!


Thinking Outside of D

1:00-2:00 (Nov)

One of the biggest misconceptions about the mountain dulcimer (and about dulcimer players) is that our instrument can only be played in the key of D. However, that is completely untrue. In fact, it is really very easy to play in different keys on the dulcimer. In this class I am going to show you some easy ways to play in different keys on the dulcimer and talk about reasons for doing so!

 

Mixing it Up

(2:15-3:15 Nov-Int)

In this class I am going to show you some easy ways to make playing the dulcimer more interesting both for you and those listening to you. I also will go over some of the thought processes for creating arrangements for the dulcimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment