Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Jamming Blog

If you know me or have read a few of my posts on this blog you probably know that I am a pretty big fan of playing music with my friends. Jamming with my musician friends is probably my favorite part about being a musician. There are so many people out there that I have enjoyed playing music with over the years, so I decided that I should talk a little bit about some of my favorite jamming friends. I also added a few videos of me jamming with my friends for you to watch.

"Black Mountain Rag" with Jeff Hames and Wendy Songe

I will start with Jeff Hames, because along with him being one of my first dulcimer teachers he is the first really great dulcimer player that I got to jam with. And of course any time that you can jam to Guns N' Roses with another dulcimer player it's a good thing!
 
Pickin' and Grinnin'

My favorite group of people to jam with has to be the musicians from The Southeastern Outdoor Press Association. Even though SEOPA isn't a music organization, there are still some awfully good musicians in the group. I always enjoy jamming with them during at the Pickin' and Grinnin' session at the SEOPA conference.


 "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" with Stephen Seifert

There is no way I could write this post without mentioning my friend Stephen Seifert. Every time I jam with Steve, not only do I have a great time but I also always learn something new. If you like writing songs on the spot or just making things up as you go, Steve is the perfect guy to jam with!


"Old Joe Clark" with Eliora and Abra Kirk

Last but not least I always enjoy jamming with my friends Eliora and Abra Kirk. They are some of my favorite friends to share some tunes with, and they always manage to keep me laughing between songs. Oh, and if you like playing Old Joe Clark in the key of A you really need to jam with these girls!

 If I listed everyone that I have enjoyed jamming with over the years this post could go on and on for a very long time, so if you aren't mentioned here, don't take it personally.

-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment