Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011

2011 was one of my very best years ever! I got to teach and perform more last year than I had ever had the opportunity to. I gained four more instruments, including a bluegrass banjo, and I ordered a new chromatic dulcimer. I started learning bluegrass banjo and guitar. I also won three first place titles, including the Southern Regional Mountain Dulcimer Champion and the Georgia State Dulcimer Championship. I had competed in both of these competitions for three years, so those were both very gratifying to win. But the biggest thing that I accomplished in 2011 was recording my first CD, “Playing in the Creek,” which will be available early next year.

Here are some of my favorite elements of 2011.

Top 3 Favorite Songs I learned:

1. Fishers Hornpipe

2. Kentucky Waltz

3. Be Thou my Vision

Top 3 Favorite Festivals of 2011:

1. The Dulcimer Jamboree in Mtn View, Arkansas (read more here)

2. The Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, Kansas (read more here)

3. The Ohio Valley Gathering in Indianapolis, Indiana (read more here)

Top 3 Favorite Moments:

1. Recording a CD (read more here)

2. Winning the Southern Regional Dulcimer Championship (read more here)

3. Winning the Georgia State Dulcimer Championship (read more here)

I look forward to having another great year. I also look forward to seeing all of my music friends and making new ones this up and coming year.

-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment